FAQ’s

Q: Can Mould Really cause Health Problems?

A: Yes. Mould spreads through mould spores that fly through the air. This gets into the air that is circulating in your home and eventually into your respiratory system. When you are exposed to a high quantity of mould spores every day, you can develop respiratory problems including asthma.

Q: Is the Water Stain on my Wall a Problem?

A: Water stains on walls can potentially be a sign of a bigger problem. If it is determined that the problem is a result of rising damp, you will need to correct the problem right away. Nationwide Subfloor Ventilation can help to keep your walls dry.

Q: How Can I Tell if I Have Mould?

A: The most obvious way to know if you have mould in your home is to look at the walls. If you see black patches, you definitely have mould. You can also smell the air. If the air smells foul, it is likely that it is caused by mould in the walls.

Q: Is It Important to Ventilate the Laundry Room?

A: There is a lot of moisture that is present in the laundry room at any given time. Only through proper ventilation can you prevent problems including possible mould development or the softening of the walls in the laundry room.

Q: Can Mould Damage My Home?

A: Yes. Mould can weaken construction materials by damaging the cells that make up these materials. Softening the construction materials can lead to a collapse in certain parts of your home or even complete destruction of the home.

Q: What is the Cost Involved in Ventilation?

A: The cost involved in ventilation is related to what kind of ventilation you need. If you need ducted ventilation, it will be more expensive than a standard vent or even if you are in need of fans.